Health and Safety Policy Statement
Vs 1 October 2018 Page 1 of 1
Overview. Cupaz have a commitment, as far as is reasonably practicable, to prevent personal injury and ill health, prevent damage to property and to protect employees, contractors and visitors coming into contact with the company or its activities, from any foreseeable hazard and danger. This Cupaz policy aims to prevent accidents, incidents and ill health by documenting, implementing, maintaining and continually improving an integrated management system (IMS) designed for certification to ISO 45001:2018. This is to control health and safety risks and performance arising from all of our work activities.
This policy is communicated to all persons working under the control of the organisation with the intent that they are made aware of their individual OH&S obligations, and is made available to interested parties upon request
Scope. Cupaz's health and Safety Policy applies to all workplaces, events, situations, tasks, buildings, equipment, methods, substances, and products used in carrying out the company's activities.
This policy sets out the framework for the procedures that, through correct delegation of duties, will as far as reasonably practicable:
• Maintain safe and healthy working conditions.
• Provide safe and healthy working conditions for the prevention of work-related injury and ill health appropriate to the purpose, size and context of the organization and to the specific nature of its OH&S risks and OH&S opportunities;
• Eliminate hazards and reduce OH&S risks
• Provide and maintain plant, equipment and systems of work that are safe and without risk to health.
• Ensure maintenance of the workplace environment with adequate control of health and safety risks arising from work activities.
• Provide information, instruction and training for all employees and other persons working under Cupaz control to ensure health and safety competence.
• Ensure consultation and participation with workers on matter affecting their health and safety in the work place.
• Provide training to enable safe working, safe handling and use of substances.
• Provide adequate welfare facilities.
Responsibilities. The Company’s senior management give their full support and commitment on all occupational health and safety issues and will provide sufficient funds and resources to enable correct implementation of the policy, while meeting all expectations of our stakeholders.
The successful implementation of the policy relies on all duties and responsibilities being fulfilled, including compliance with applicable legal requirements and with any other requirements that relate to Cupaz occupational health and safety hazards, with the aim of continual improvement through monitoring and annual reviews.
Cupaz has committed staff and resources to comply with applicable requirements and continually strive to improve the effectiveness of the IMS.
Review The Health & Safety Policy will be reviewed annually and regularly monitored to ensure that it continues to provide the framework for setting and reviewing the Cupaz OH&S objectives.
Stuart Cooper Managing Director